Full of irony or humor, wisdom or simply brilliant, movie quotes can always be a source of inspiration, not to mention that some people are even guided through life by such sayings.
Here are 12 of the most famous quotes ever heard in Hollywood:
1. “I’ll be back” – Arnold Schwarzenegger – Terminator (1984)
Six times Mister Olympia, Arnold came back in movies in which he had more than one line. He ended up a Hollywood legend…and California’s governor.
2. “ I’m the king of the world” – Leo DiCaprio – Titanic (1997)
After nearly 20 years, we can finally say that Leo is a king with a crown. Maybe if Rose would have let him on that damn plank, things could have been different.
3. “Why so serious?” – Heath Ledger – Dark Knight (2008)
Ledger put a smile on our face with his Joker role in Batman: Dark Knight. Unfortunately, he couldn’t cope with the world’s sadness.
4. “Say hello to my little friend” – Al Pacino – Scarface (1983)
Al Pacino’s Tony Montana knew how to play rough. And with the help of his friend, M16A1, Tony also knew how to make an exit.
5. “Luke, I am your father” – David Prowse – Star Wars – The Empire Strike Back (1980)
This is one of the most known movie lines. But, let’s be clear. If you’re a Star Wars fan, please do not name your kid Luke. It’s not funny, it’s quite embarrassing. You’re not Phil from “Modern family”.
6. “Bond, James Bond” – Sean Connery – James Bond
It seemed like every time the main character said this line, one hot babe fell for him and ended up in his bed. And no other Bond had more charisma than Sir Sean Connery.
7. “We ride together, we die together, bad boys for life” – Will Smith – Bad Boys (1995)
Unfortunately, Will and Martin were bad boys for only 1 and 2, then the series died. We’re still waiting for a resurrection and maybe this time Martin could avoid his ass getting shot…literally.
8. “I will find you, and I will kill you” – Liam Neeson – Taken (2008)
Looks like Liam Neeson had a particular set of skills that this line blow all over the Internet. Nevertheless, we were not…taken by surprise by this quote’s success.
9. “You talkin’ to me?” – Al Pacino – Taxi Driver (1976)
Al Pacino always had a sense for great roles, not only for women. His lines stuck with him over the years, women didn’t.
10. “I see dead people” – Haley Joel Osment – The sixth sense (1999)
And so was Haley Joel Oasment’s career after this role. He began to gain weight, giving the impression that he ate all the ghosts.
11. “It’s so fluffy I’m gonna die” – Elsie Fisher – voice – Despicable me (2010)
Let’s face it. If you’d see a pink unicorn, you’d also be as excited as Agnes in “Despicable me”, even though you’re 35, with a dead-end job and mortgage to pay. It’s the little things that matter.
12. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn” – Clark Gable – Gone with the wind (1939)
Gable was the King of Hollywood and frankly, guys, he was charming like a prince when it came to women. Married five times, Gable surely had his ways with the ladies.
Which one of these is your favorite? Oh, and if you end up tattooing a quote, just make sure it’s spelled correctly, ok?