Ganesh Chaturthi is one of the most widely celebrated festivals in India. The remover of obstacles, Lord Ganesha is loved by one and all. And this festival is a wonderful celebration of that love and adulation. And like with most customs, it is in the routine that the real essence is hidden. So here are some small things from the Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations where we find our little bundles of joy.
1. First and foremost, the preparations!
Buying all the amazing fruits that will be offered to the Lord!
We also need to buy the flowers!
2. No matter how small or big, the Ganesha Idols are always the centre of attraction:
3. The super delicious food that’s made. So many delicacies, so small stomach! Not fair!!
4. All the beautiful decorations at home!
5. Some truly gigantic statues from Mumbai.
6. The street processions! And the celebrations that accompany them. Each place in India has its own special way of doing it. And they are all beautiful!
7. And finally the ‘visarjan’ or the ceremony where the idols are taken to a water body and submerged into them.