There is no higher a good deed than refraining from everything evil. – Anonymous
Incidentally, the three wise monkeys (four , originally) precede Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation, by a long time. The monkeys are Mizaru (see no evil), Kikazaru (hear no evil), and Iwazaru (speak no evil) and the fourth one was Shizaru (do no evil). That is from Japan, and is more or less famous all over the world. But what stuck in everybody’s minds was Mahatma Gandhi’s interpretation of the three monkeys that he used to ignite goodness in the hearts of millions of Indians during our freedom struggle.
Cut to the present decade, and Gandhiji has been remembered more than one. The only difference is that his interpretation of the monkeys was changed and people came up with their own theories involving the monkeys.
Some brutal revelations through the three wise monkeys:
1. We Indians take silence way too seriously. No wonder this meme sums it all up!
2. Monkeys can be intelligent too. Time we learn from what they are trying to say, eh?
3. Man is a social animal. With a few exceptions.
4. And like we said, they have a fourth wise monkey too, who is not very proud of them. Now that’s sad!
5. Epic: Three Wise Monkeys Thug Life!
It would be interesting to know what the original Three, nay, Four wise monkeys would have to say now. Stumped? #Justasking