Having metros in your country does raise its international bearing. But in India, while comfort and convenience have been on top priority while building the metro railway services, a lot remains unfinished.
Here is a listing of what most commuters desire from their city metro services.
- Delhi: This city has the reputation of making high end technology available to its citizens. The impact however, is not always positive since people are so lost in technology, that they forget their natural gifts. The latest news from Delhi metro showed us how important people’s dependence on technology had eaten away at their ability to even travel from one end of the city to another. The delay in metro services that lasted up to one hour in 2014 gave us a glimpse into this aspect. There have been many more reports of such intermittent delays that have plagued the services. The metro however, has survived the onslaught of critical comments with its prompt up-gradation. We hope for better soon.
- Kolkata: The oldest metro service in India was set up in 1984 and was a pride of the city till it started experiencing technical snags and delays. However, the latest updates from the metro authorities show that there has been an increase in number of suicides at the metro stations spread across Kolkata. As a result, metro services are stalled from time to time and personnel are rushed immediately to site of blockage. A lot of effort is required to resume services after there has been a death on the metro rails. Will the authorities be able to stop this almost regular happening?
- Chennai: Super fast metro trains have been an asset to the city ever since they have been launched. However, many people are unhappy with the placement of the stations, which are only few in number and near to main localities of the city. The main responsibility of the metro railways in Chennai today is to create more number of stations and junctions where people from remote corners of the city can reach quickly.
- Bengaluru: Namma Metro is by far the best metro service in India today with its superfast trains and excellent timing and servicing. The only hitch in the story is that Bengaluru Metro is not being able to deliver sufficient number of trains to transport the huge population that wants to use it. Hope they are able to achieve the number soon.
- Gurgaon: Gurgaon has the fastest trains in India and with its huge corporate funding and back-up this new metro service is all set to become the best service in the country, owing to its well defined schedules and high maintenance.