Maths – just the mere mention of the word can send trembles down the spine of any kid, anywhere. It’s no surprise when children complain about not being able to attempt an entire math test, since calculations are often the most tedious part of solving a math problem, which end up being very time consuming. But, not too long ago, an Indian by the name of Bharti Krishna Tirthaji developed his brand of calculation techniques, which concerned very little paper-to-pen action and had a lot to do with rapid mental maths. He called it Vedic Maths, and it’s something that everyone should know, be it in class, a vendor or a GMAT aspirant.
So, here are 10 great and super easy Vedic Math Hacks that you can internalize to save time on a daily basis:
1. Rapid Multiplication of Two two-digit Numbers
2. Squaring a two digit number
3. Multiplying two digit numbers whose difference is 1
4. Multiplying any two numbers from 11 to 20 in your head
5. When multiplying two – two digit numbers
6. Multiplying by 15
7. To figure the multiples of a large number
8. Finding the sum of the first N odd numbers
9. Finding the sum of odd numbers till any number
10. Division by powers of 5
Because it’s easier to shift the decimal, than divide by an odd number.
Hopefully with these great hacks, Mathematics will be your new found friend!
This article was originally posted here.