Office time is not fun time unless you do something to refresh yourself from time to time. Yes, it’s time dependent and time consuming too. So here is when your watchman studied how you spent time in your office, and counted the number of times you took a break. We just figured what those breaks were and present them to you here.
- The Coffee Break: The quintessential IT guy never misses his coffee break even if he is allergic to the drink. And did we forget the visit to the snooker area in between this break? Whatever this break is about, it sure comes up a number of times in the office guy’s life.
- The Grooming Break: Mirror, mirror on the wall, why do you exist in offices? Men and women love to look good and therefore, this grooming break happens at least once daily. Women are more prone to take more such breaks to keep their make-up and hair fresh looking. But everybody needs that, don’t we?
- The Chat-with-colleague Break: Whether it is on the office communication system, chat system, Skype, Facebook or a offline activity, the chat with colleague break is the most informative and serious procedures of office time. It actually helps you vent out frustrations, develop friends, network better, and even play Angry Birds better! Wow.
- The Chat-with-boss Break: Meetings apart, getting to chat with the boss is a privilege few people get to enjoy. And most of them try to cash in on it through the best possible content of conversation, so that they face less fire on the meeting table the next day.
- The Pee Break: Short calls to the washroom to give yourself a lighter body. We know how effective in can be especially under stress. However, it does suddenly crop up after a violent meeting or conference where food was not so stomach friendly. Accidents happen in offices too. Ask the flush.
- The Ice Cream/Smoking Break: This is a bit different from the coffee break since no work gets discussed here. This is a break dedicated to relishing one’s favorite edible. Almost,
- The Walk Break: Some like it in the late hours before leaving office, some like to take it after lunch. Some make it a routine to watch the nearest sunset friendly area.
- The TT Break: Some do yoga, some plat pool, some play table tennis and some simply work out at the gym. Depending upon facilities provided, corporate lifestyle now has all the ingredients to keep you fit and you should definitely make use of it. If you ain’t got nothing, just dance!
- The Electricity Failure/Internet Slow Break: Everybody’s favorite in India is when the generator back up crashes or the server crumples. Almost gives everyone a chance to scoot home unless restored soon.
Here is the basic break up of breaks of your time in office. That just shows how much hard work we do to earn our bread. Do you agree with these or have we missed out on something? Let us know.