India is a developing country for past many years. But with the latest Digital India Drive, looks like there are chances of having a developed India pretty close at hand. The Mobile Number Portability is one step ahead in this direction and can be heralded as a futuristic approach to offering mobile networks in India, although it was required from long ago. Here are the main aspects of MNP in India.
1) No more changing numbers when you move from state to state within the country. The same number can continue to give you services at local rates.
2) Whether you want to change your operator or not, and irrespective of which city you finally shift to, your mobile number will stay the same. Therefore the same number will be served by Airtel, Vodafone or BSNL depending upon which service you choose, and you can have access to network in all parts of the country.
3) The date for rolling out the MNP service was July 3. Vodafone. Airtel and BSNL have accomplished their target already.
4) Your operator will give you details of applying for MNP which is easy and similar to the old system of intra-city MNPs we have enjoyed till today. Contact the operator of the service you want to subscribe for and not the old service provider that you were using. Ruyles might differ from provider to provider.
5) Operators are also trying to retain customers by offering sops wherein the customer can transfer their balance from one circle to another without changing the operator. It is a win-win situation for customers.
6) Airtel offers free incoming on roaming for customers who have applied for MNP and are getting it processed.