Let’s begin with the basics and then take it forward. Eye expressions can be of myriad types and if you took a look at the list below, we are sure you will find yourself using 90 percent of the mentioned eye expressions, albeit in your own combinations.
1. Raised Eyebrows (both)- Attracts attention to the face to strike a conversation. Usually a great way of saying a silent hello!
2. Raised Eyebrow (Single)- When in doubt or feeling Sarcastic/Anger
3. Rolling eyes: To express disgust/relief
4. Scorning eyes: To show anger
5. Signaling eyes to one direction : Make a sign in particular direction with a slight jerk of head and single raised brow.
6. Lowering eyes (without head tilt downwards): To show disagreement or dislike/to hide a genuine feeling
7. Lowering eyes (with downwards head tilt): Very Sad/To invite (this is often accompanied with a smile).
8. Fleeting look to right (normal eyelids): To remind oneself of some important thing
9. Fleeting look to left (normal eyelids): Trying to recall a memory, experience or story
10. Lowered eyes looking to right: Take note of something important/recalling an emotion.
11. Lowered eyes looking to left: Hiding something/Thinking something very important/secret/past/talking to himself.
12. Eyes Small, staring away: Thinking deeply
13. Eyes big, staring far: Shock or surprise/Happy or joyous
14. Rolling eyes upwards or right: Doubt or anger/Extreme disgust
15. Semi-frowned eyes lowered: Deep thinking, procrastination
16. Straight Gaze While Talking: Complete attention or acute observation
17. Straight Gaze with blinking: Complete understanding? Healthy Competitiveness
18. Widening eyes with raised eyebrows: To show submissiveness in talk/excessive interest
19. Looking up while lowering head: Exhibiting childlike innocence/submissiveness/relief/disgust
20. Sideways glance with downturned mouth corners and downturned eyebrows: Sad/Hostile or suspicion
21. Excessive blinking: To show disinterest
22. Closed eyes thinking: Not ready to listen or even speak
23. Sideways look with neck tilted: Remembering something she heard
24. Dreamy eyes: Sleepy or seducing
25. Eyes lowered with a smile: Got a new idea/Shy
26. Forcibly small eyes: Scrutinizing something/Finding something unbelievable
27. Looking straight with head tilted upwards: Throwing weight around/happy/confidence
28. Staring and slowly lowering eyelids: Romantic/Sad
29. Slight smalling of eyes with a single eyebrow raise: Questioning
30. Closing one eye: Winking to suggest something funny or naughty.
Tell us which is your most commonly used expression, yes?