She is a friend. She is your foe. She is your savior. She is the best cook. No not your mom. She is your Bhabhi.
In India, ‘bhabhi’ is the term used to address or refer to elder (or sometimes younger) brother’s wife. What is very less acknowledged in general media is that some of the cutest and cleanest family relationships is the war of words that happens between a “bhabhi” and her “devar”. For the younger brother-in-law, these bhabhis are no less than mothers who forgive and protect them from the wrath of the elder brother or father. Remember, HAHK, HSSH or simply Biwi Ho Toh Aisi?
Indian bhabhis not only save the brother-in-law from trouble but also have to correct them for wrong habits in life. So while many of you thank your stars for having given you a loving “bhabhi” at home, we list the most precious moments between a devar and his bhabhi which invariably end up happening in every Indian household today.
1. Bhabhi:Did you take burger from the fridge last night?
Devar:You found out already? Bhabhi hain ya Jasoos?
2. Devar: Wanna go out for movie. Pocket money please!!
Bhabhi: Ask your brother.
3. Devar: The Biryani you made last night tasted so good.
Bhabhi: How much money do you need for the birthday treat?
4. Bhabhi: Your elder brother is calling you. Why did you return so late last night?
Devar: I am sick. Please cover up for me. Puhleeezzz.
5. Bhabhi: Breakfast?
Devar: I have a headache.
Bhabhi: Good. Here is lemon water.
6. Devar: Can I take a sip from Bhaiya’s Scotch Collection?
Bhabhi: No. Drink Haldi Doodh. It is also good for your cold.
7. Devar: Where is My new T shirt bhabhi?
Bhabhi: Will give it to you, if you tell me who she is!
8. Devar: What do you want for your birthday? I won’t get it, will make Bhaiya get it and gift you.
Bhabhi: If that is the case, I want a Devrani.
9. Devar: Bhabhi, why do you keep working whole day?
Bhabhi: Why do you keep wandering whole day?
10. Devar: Here is my new iPhone!!
Bhabhi: Great!!! Now I need to see your brother and talk to him.