They say he is an ace captain with flickers of Sourav Ganguly in him. Virat Kohli, the man leading India right now has come a long way from being the chubby, cheeky Delhi boy called Chiku, to the very aggressive yet fun loving Indian captain of today. Here are the most important facts about him that you should check.
1. He was born on November 5, 1988 in Delhi, India. He is a Scorpio.
2. He is 5 feet 9 inches and is one of the most popular batsmen in Indian cricket.
3. His favorite music is Punjabi Music. His favorite destinations are Paris and Barcelona.
4. His favorite actors are Aamir Khan and Johnny Depp.
5. He enjoys playing tennis and football in addition to cricket.
6. Amongst Indians, he has the fastest scoring one day international century against Australia off 52 balls.
7. Rarely seen amongst Indians, Virat has a tattoo on his hand which is apparently very close to his heart.
8. His father passed away when he was playing a Ranji match. Upon receiving the news, Virat continued playing and finished the match before heading homewards.
9. He is on the list of Well Dressed Personality of 2012, which also boasted the likes of Barack Obama.
10. Kohli’s first crush was Karishma Kapoor
11. He was granted the Arjuna Award in 2013 for continued excellence in the field of cricket.
12. He is the topmost choice for brand endorsements amongst cricket stars.
13. Virat Kohli is nicknamed Chiku owing to the name given to him by Delhi Ranji Team coach Ajit Choudhry.
14. His girlfriend is Anushka Sharma a famous Bollywood superstar who has made her mark in the industry with films like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, Band Baaja Baarat and Patiala House.
15. He was the Man of the Series of T20 Cup in 2014
16. He feels very weird about girls having a crush on him. He freaked out the first time he received a letter written in blood from a girl fan.
17. Mutton Biryani and Kheer made by his mother are his all time favorites.
18. He is a great foodie and loves to try out different cuisines when away from homeland. He specifically enjoys sushi.
19. His favorite color is lavender.
20. He holds the record of being the fastest batsman to reach 6000 runs in ODIs.